THE OLD CHURCH 1857 Charles Hansom, Architect
© Copyright Ampleforth Abbey Trust 2010
Images taken in 1870 (±5): they were originally stereo pairs. The date is estimated from the condition of the originals, and from the unpainted ceiling (1880’s) & the of the organ console.
Interior, about 1870.
High Altar to left; Choir; Relic Altar on right.
Below: Choir; screen incomplete. Right: Lady Chapel, with detail of screen