THE OLD CHURCH 1857 Charles Hansom, Architect
© Copyright Ampleforth Abbey Trust 2010
Above: Main door, with statue of St Laurence (now in St Joseph’s Craft Centre): the pulpit is visible inside.
Baove: Church from NW. In the foreground is the cloister built by Bernard Smith to join the new Monastery (1898) to the old House cloister and entrance to the Church.. On the right is the entrance to the bridge over the cloister to give access to visitors to the church. This was in use till 1956.